MI Home for PC is a lifestyle App developed by Xiaomi which you can install on your PC and macOS.
Xiaomi Home lets you connect smart home appliances and devices and control all of them directly from the application. A lot of these appliances are Xiaomi products such as Air Purifiers, Lights, Lamps, etc. From a simple operation of switching your devices On/Off to the complex operations supported by a particular home, the device can be managed directly through the app. To use the app, you have to log in using your email or Facebook account. This app requires one or more Xiaomi Home Products. If you are looking to manage your house with the latest smart tech, Xiaomi offers a huge range of products that have a lot of features and functionalities. Xiaomi is one of the leading companies in the field of Smart Home Tech.
MI Home App is created for mobile devices but in this article, we will find out how you can run this app on your Windows PC and macOS devices.
What is Smart Home Devices?
Smart Home Devices are a range of products that can replace traditional electronics such as Lights, Lamps, Air Purifies, Locks, etc. These devices have multiple functions and can be managed remotely from your smartphone.
Mi Home Version Info
|Last updated||9 December 2020|
|Version||Android – 5.9.19|
|Android version requirement||4.3 and above|
|iOS Version required||9.0 or above|
|FIle size||Android – 105 MB|
One of the easiest and convenient ways to use mobile apps directly on your PC and Mac is through emulators. Emulators can mirror your whole mobile experience in a window on your PC.
Whether you are using Windows or Mac, we would recommend two emulators that can be downloaded for free:
- BlueStacks – Bluestacks.com
- Nox Emulator – BigNox.com
To download one of the above software you can get the .exe file for Windows or .dmg for your Mac devices from the official developer websites mentioned.
How to Download Mi Home for PC
Below are the steps you can follow to run Mi Home on your Windows:
- Download and Install your Emulators.
- Open your Emulator and head over to Google Play Store.
- Login with your Gmail Account and find the Mi Home.
- Install the application as you would do on your Android device.
- Go back to your Emulator dashboard and find the downloaded app.
- Click on it and you are ready to go.
How to Download Mi Home for Mac
Below are the steps you can follow to run Mi Home on your Mac:
- Download one of the emulators and complete the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- After the setup, open your Emulator and set it up for macOS.
- You need to activate BlueStacks/Nox services.
- Head over to My Apps and Play Store.
- Use your Gmail account – or create a new one if you don’t have any.
- Download and Install the Xiaomi App.
Features of Mi Home
- Official and Secure Application developed by Xiaomi Inc. mainly for Xiaomi Home Devices.
- Control and Manage all of your Smart Home Appliances from the app.
- One tap Detection for all the Xiaomi devices nearby. The app will look for nearby devices on your app from where you can configure each of them one by one.
- Connect multiple smart devices to each other in order to maximize the use-cases of your Xiaomi products.
- Design your Mi Home App HomePage by choosing the products you use the most.
- Manage devices of multiple rooms by swiping left and right to change between the rooms.
- Quick detection of devices by optimization strategy to make the most of your products.
1. How do I install the MI Home app on my PC?
After downloading the app from within the Emulator, it gets installed as it would on your Mobile device. You can directly use the app from the Emulator dashboard.
2. How safe is BlueStacks?
BlueStacks is one of the most trusted Emulators in the market. You can trust the software.
3. Is BlueStacks free or paid?
BlueStacks is a free Emulator.
Conclusion: Download and Install Mi Home for PC
By following the simple steps given above, you can download and install Mi Home on your computer for free. Using Emulators is completely safe and very user friendly so you don’t have to worry too much about the technicalities of installing Mi Home on your Computer.